Job Title/Position: Volunteer
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The volunteer provides patient care and support services according to his/her experience and training and In compliance with organization policies.
ESSENTIALJOB FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serves as an integral member of the hospice interdisciplinary group amid various settings: home care; respite; inpatient, bereavement and/or administrative; office duties.
2. Participates in general orientation.
3. Serves the patient and family/caregiver under guidance of Volunteer Coordinator and registered nurse (Case Manager) or as a part of the administrative team.
4. Serves as substitute family/caregiver in the home performing activities that the volunteer has been prepared for and has agreed to perform. The volunteer may do homemaker chores, run errands, and provide respite care as well.
5. Provides input into the plan of care and interdisciplinary meetings, as appropriate.
6. Documents as educated and instructed maintaining confidentiality.
7. Meets all health requirements set by MAXIMUM CARE HOSPICE, INC.
8. Provides availability on a regular basis and/or keeping with the patient and family/caregiver needs.
9. Participates in volunteer support groups and/or educational in-services.
1O. Maintains open communication and reports regularly to the Volunteer Coordinator
11. Assignment of other duties (as needed) directed by the Volunteer Coordinator.
Mature individual, supportive of the hospice concept, comfortable with his/her own spirituality and willing to serve others in a volunteer capacity. Successful completion of the: volunteer training and orientation program.